ENMU offers academic scholarships that can add up to more than $33 thousand over four years for New Mexico first-time freshmen. Review the scholarship information on this page to see what you might qualify for.
Keep in mind any scholarship you receive might affect your eligibility for other financial aid. Be sure to communicate with your Enrollment Services recruiter and a financial aid advisor to find out what scholarships might be best for you. Scholarships are distributed over two semesters, fall and spring.
Some scholarships, like the New Mexico Freshman Academic Scholarship shown below, will continue to award you money for a number of semesters as long as you maintain a certain GPA while taking a certain number of courses. The GPA and course load requirements are referred to as "Continuation Criteria" and are shown below for each scholarship or waiver.
ENMU Foundation Starter Scholarship
Amount: tuition for your first semester at ENMU
Application deadline: for priority consideration, apply by Aug. 1 for fall and Jan. 3 for spring. Applications may be considered until two weeks prior to the beginning of the semester. In order for us to be able to process your scholarship application, you should apply for admission first, because you won't be eligible to receive this scholarship until you are admitted to ENMU.
- Be a New Mexico resident.
- Have 2.5 cumulative high school GPA or 20 ACT or 940 SAT (through Feb. 2016)/1020 SAT (March 1, 2016 and later) score (national test).
- New Mexico high school graduate, New Mexico GED recipient, or NM HiSET in the semester preceding the first semester of attendance.
|2.5 and higher high school GPA||Tuition||First semester|
Note: Note: Students who have not graduated from an accredited New Mexico high school, completed the New Mexico GED, or NM HiSET will be awarded based on national ACT/SAT scores.
Continuation: does not apply
New Mexico Freshman Academic Scholarship
To qualify for a New Mexico Freshman Academic Scholarship, you need at least a 20 ACT composite or 940 SAT (through Feb. 2016)/1020 SAT (March 1, 2016 and later) total. The higher your scores, the more you could be awarded. See the chart below to see what your ACT/SAT score provides under this scholarship program.
Amount: $2,258-$5,058 per academic year.
Application deadline: for priority consideration, apply by Aug. 1 for fall and Jan. 3 for spring. Applications may be considered until two weeks prior to the beginning of the semester. In order for us to be able to process your scholarship application, you should apply for admission first, because you won't be eligible to receive an Admissions Scholarship until you are admitted to ENMU.
Eligibility: be a New Mexico resident, and have at least a 20 ACT or 940 SAT (through Feb. 2016)/1020 SAT (March 1, 2016 and later) score. If you attended a non-accredited high school or are home-schooled, you are required to submit New Mexico General Education Development scores to meet New Mexico Lottery requirements.
|ACT/SAT Score||Annual Award||Continuation|
|Through Feb. 2016||March 1, 2016 and later|
|30+/1320+||30+/1380+||Fees + $2,800 = $5,058||Up to four years|
|29/1280-1319||29/1340-1379||Fees + $1,600 = $3,858||Up to four years|
|28/1240-1279||28/1310-1339||Fees + $1,600 = $3,858||Up to four years|
|27/1210-1239||27/1280-1309||Fees + $1,200 = $3,458||Up to four years|
|26/1170-1209||26/1240-1279||Fees + $1,200 = $3,458||Up to four years|
|25/1130-1169||25/1200-1239||Fees + $800 = $3,058||Up to four years|
|24/1090-1129||24/1160-1199||Fees + $800 = $3,058||Up to four years|
|23/1060-1089||23/1130-1159||Fees + $300 = $2,558||Up to four years|
|22/1020-1059||22/1100-1129||Fees + $300 = $2,558||Up to four years|
|21/980-1019||21/1060-1099||Fees = $2,258||For first year|
|20/940-979||20/1020-1059||Fees = $2,258||For first year|
Note: Receipt of scholarships may affect eligibility for other financial aid. Scholarships are distributed over two semesters, fall and spring. Annual fees are approximately $2,258. Annual awards received are based on actual fees.
May be awarded up to eight consecutive semesters or receipt of degree (whichever comes first) if you complete if you have an ACT score of 22 or higher, or SAT of 1020 (through Feb. 2016)/1100 SAT (March 1, 2016 and later) or higher and:
- Complete 15 hours per semester with a 3.0 GPA your first year (the tuition portion (lottery) may be continued with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and 15 credit hours per semester).
- Complete 15 hours per semester with a 3.2 GPA every year thereafter (the tuition portion (lottery) may be continued with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and 15 credit hours per semester).
May be awarded up to two consecutive semesters (fall and spring of your freshman year) if you have an ACT score of 20-21 or an SAT score of 940-1019 (through Feb. 2016)/1020-1099 (March 1, 2016 and later) and:
- Complete 15 hours each semester with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
New Mexico Lottery Success Scholarship
Amount: to be authorized by the New Mexico State Legislature by June 1 of each year
- Be a New Mexico resident.
- Graduate from a New Mexico public high school, an accredited private high school recognized by the Public Education Department, or have obtained a New Mexico GED.
- Enroll in a minimum of 15 credit hours at an eligible New Mexico public college or university in the first regular semester immediately following high school graduation or obtaining a GED.
Continuation: if you complete at least 15 hours with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA each semester, you are eligible to receive the scholarship for a total of seven semesters if funding is available.
Note: contact Financial Aid at 575.562.2194 for more information about this scholarship.
Green and Silver Presidential Scholarship
Amount: tuition, fees and residence hall charges plus $1,000 per academic year ($500 per semester). Only the double room rate will be applied to the your account if you are living in University managed housing (Curry, Eddy or Guadalupe – traditional residence halls). West Campus Apartments and San Juan Village are not included in the housing options for this scholarship. Only 10 students per year are awarded this scholarship. Be sure to note application instructions below.
Application deadline: to be considered for the Green and Silver Presidential Scholarship, make sure you’re fully admitted to ENMU and have a Green and Silver Presidential Scholarship Application on file by March 3.
- Be a New Mexico resident.
- Be a New Mexico high school graduate in the semester preceding the first semester of ENMU attendance.
- 3.0 GPA and ACT composite of 27 (1210 SAT through Feb. 2016,\ 1280 SAT March 2016 and later) or 3.5 GPA and ACT composite of 25 (1130 SAT through Feb. 2016 1200 SAT March 2016 and later)
Continuation: may be awarded up to eight consecutive semesters or receipt of degree (whichever comes first) if you complete if the following requirements are met:
- First year (fall/spring semesters): Successfully complete 15 hours per semester with a 3.0 GPA.
- Second and subsequent years: Successfully complete 15 hours per semester with a 3.2 GPA.
Your first semester's GPA is based on your first semester at Eastern. Thereafter, your cumulative GPA (all semesters including dual/concurrent enrollment and other schools) will be used to determine your eligibility for continuation.
- Meet eligibility requirements/continuation for the NM Legislative Lottery Scholarship. Tuition portion of this scholarship, like the NM Freshman Academic Scholarship, is covered by the ENMU Foundation Starter Scholarship for the first semester. After your initial semester, the tuition portion will be covered with the amount authorized by the NM State Legislature for the Lottery Scholarship and ENMU.
Application Instructions: to be considered for the Green and Silver Presidential Scholarship, complete the following by the scholarship deadline of March 3 for the fall semester.
- Be fully admitted by March 3. If you haven't applied yet, apply now!
- Fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Have a Green and Silver Presidential Scholarship application submitted by March 3.
What Happens Now?
- So we can process your scholarship applications, make sure you send ENMU a copy of your national ACT/SAT scores and your official high school transcript if you have not done so already. To send your scores to ENMU, use the following codes on your ACT or SAT form:
- ACT: 2636
- SAT: 4299
- Be sure to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before the semester begins. You can actually apply online as early as January of your graduating year.
- Enroll in at least 15 credit hours at the ENMU-Portales campus.
For More Information
ENMU Station 7
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130